Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Job 40-42

Job 40


Who are we to argue with God? Although we all do it, we should not do it more than we feel is absolutely necessary. God is the Lord Almighty! Who am I to argue with Him? He made the Heavens and the Earth. He made the stars in the sky. All of Creation must answer to Him. We are completely unworthy, yet God still loves us and wants us. We are unable to save ourselves! We need to be careful to not allow our pride to put a separation between us and God. 


Job 41


God begins by speaking about a Leviathan. It is strong, but graceful. God talks about this strong animal and a few things stood out..


In verses 10b-11, God says: "Who then is able to stand against me? Who has a claim against me that I must pay? Everything under heaven belongs to me."


In verses 33-34, it says "Nothing on earth is its equal— a creature without fear. It looks down on all that are haughty; it is king over all that are proud.”


No one of us are equal to God. God is King over all!


Job 42


It is about Job's heart. In Job 40, Job realizes he is worthless and arguing with God is wrong.


Job says something very powerful. He said, "“I know that you can do all things; no purpose of yours can be thwarted. You asked, ‘Who is this that obscures my plans without knowledge?’ Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know." (verses 2-3). Nothing can stop God's plans! How awesome is that?!?!? Nothing we do can ever stop God's plans. Nothing anyone else can do will ever stop God's plans!


The Lord told Eliphaz- "I am angry with you and your two friends for you have not spoken the truth about me to Job!" They, then, were instructed to take "seven bulls and seven rams and go to my servant Job and sacrifice a burnt offering for yourselves". They really did it. They had to take 14 animals to sacrifice in regards to their sins.. Job had to pray for his friends, in order to protect his friends from suffering consequences for their sins. Job acted as a priest. They were instructed to take the animals to Job and have them sacrificed, then Job would pray on their behalf. 


After Job prayed for his three friends, the Lord restored Job's fortunes. Job's fortunes were not just restored, but he received twice as what he had before. His latter years were much more blessed than earlier years. His brothers and sisters and everyone he knew came and ate, and each gave me him a piece of silver and a gold ring. Everyone consoled and comforted him. He had seven sons and three daughters. His daughters  were much more beautiful than the other girls in the land. He lived to see his children and their children to the fourth generation..

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts