Friday, June 28, 2013

TLT- Day 2


Desires of the heart: Soul Satisfaction.
Do you have it or not? Where are you turning to find it?
Are we turning to Christ? Or, somewhere else?
Do we have a void only He can fill?
What do we need to confess and ask for His forgiveness?
Only He can cleanse us with the blood of Jesus. There is great power in the resurrection and blood of Jesus Christ!

"There are, of course, many reasons why we overeat (or other sinful practice)—we might desire to find comfort, "medicate" pain, alleviate loneliness and boredom... or we might just be feeling lazy. But this lesson focuses on a more pressing and spiritual reason:
One of the reasons we want to overeat is because the human heart craves fullness and satisfaction." We can use certain things (food, tv, relationships) to fill that need, but only Christ can fill us up. Everything else will leave us empty. We may go searching for more, but we will never be truly satisfied until we come to seek our satisfaction through HIM!

When I am not seeking Him, I seek to fill that need with something else. I am still left unsatisfied… with this longing in my heart. If I am not seeking to allow Him to fill it, it will be left unfilled. Only Christ can give me the satisfaction and contentedness that I need! I need to be seeking Him first and not somewhere in the middle. He needs to be first in my day. My routine does NOT have to remain the same day after day, but I need to be seeking Him first thing each morning. Show me how to seek You first, Lord. Please show me. Help me not to go looking for a routine, but a special relationship with You! In Jesus' name, I ask this~ Amen!

Micah 6:14 uses the words "in the midst of them". NOTHING would be able to satisfy the hearts of the Israelites. Just as it is today, NOTHING but a relationship with Jesus Christ can ever satisfy our hearts!! Our fulfillment can only be found in Christ. Things cannot satisfy my heart: only HE can!! When will I ever "get" it? It is a spiritual problem!

There are 2 types of hunger: physical and spiritual. How do I distinguish eating due to hunger or soul? Please show me, Lord! Physical hunger: stomach rumblings. Heart hunger: feeling empty-lacking heart satisfaction. Needing my Jesus time!!

"Where do we find internal fullness, satisfaction for the heart, and nourishment for our souls? We need more than "chicken soup for the soul." We need real, lasting satisfaction and fullness."

Feeding on Jesus brings life and fullness to our spirit and heart! It is what we have been longing for! We need to be feeding on Him, not seeking other things. Only He can FILL the spiritual void we have in our lives! We need to learn to seek Him first!

Isa 55:2-3 says:
2 Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread,
    and your labor for that which does not satisfy?
Listen diligently to me, and eat what is good,
    and delight yourselves in rich food.
3 Incline your ear, and come to me;
    hear, that your soul may live;
and I will make with you an everlasting covenant,
my steadfast, sure love for David.

   



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts